Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Felicitations, Sirs.

I would like to thank all of you who sent kind words, gifts, flowers and hams yesterday.

Many of you will know that yesterday was May 15th, or as it is known in my homestead, Poochlesmas. It was my birthday.

I was served my favorite meal, split pea and ham soup with a little kibble. I was given some filet mignon treats. My belly was rubbed. I rounded out the evening with Mister Sir sipping bourbon and smoking a fine cigar.

In political news, today I received an invitation to the Tripartite Basset Commission. This is a great basset honor -- I am going to Wilmington, Delaware in a few weeks to meet with the basset ambassadors from England and France (Sir Bassetly Stinkerton, MRCSH* and L'Abbe du St Hubert) to chart out the plan for up-coming Basset Actions. I hope to gain the official backing of the TBC for my run for the presidency.

I shall return tomorrow with more questions and answers.

Hams to you and your loved ones.

*MRCSH means Member, Royal College of Scent Hounds

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Mr. Poochles,
I've been enjoying your journey and wish you the best of luck in your campaign. I live in DE and am looking forward to your visit. We have a lovely dog park at Carousel, where you are free to roam and socialize with other canines (I hope you are not the prejudice type, because we are a very diverse state...very gay friendly and welcome all dogs). We even have a few mixed marriages (dogs w/foxes, skunks w/cats, etc.). Hope to meet you soon.