Thursday, May 24, 2007

Sirs: A Campaign Song?

I was talking to Mister Sir today when the conversation turned to music. In a Flash*, I realized that I needed a campaign song. Quickly.

I discussed the options with Mister Sir and I decided that the song "I Need All the Friends I Can Get" by the group Camera Obscura would be ideal. I immediately sent them an email asking their permission:

Dear Sirs and Lady-Sirs of Camera Obscura:

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Sebastian K. Poochles. I am a basset hound. I have included a picture of me so you can see what I look like.**

I am writing to you for this reason: I am running for president of the United States in 2008. To do this, I need a catchy campaign song. I wanted to see if you would mind if I used your song
"I Need All The Friends I Can Get" from your album Let's Get Out of This Country. I think it's a fine song and very much the sort of message a dog running for president needs to send out.
I would also like to add that I have been a fan of yours all my life.

Please visit my website at www.poochles2008.blogspot.com and you can see my campaign blog and listen to me speak.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Wishing you hams,

Sebastian K. Poochles.

I await their response.

Good Hams to you.

*Basset hounds always capitalize this phrase in honor of one of the most famous Basset hounds, Flash from The Dukes of Hazzard.

**The picture sent was the one to the left, of me in the park.

No comments: