Saturday, January 12, 2008

Some thoughts...


With the South Carolina primary fast approaching, I've been giving serious thought to my choice of Vice Presidential co-runner. My first thought was to approach my close ex-associate Ms Daisy
Basset. But then I remember she likes to bite my butt. While I'm sure this pleases her, it does not send the message of solid union I wish to inspire. Also, she's kind of old. I think a younger dog is what's needed, to connect with the Youth of Today, with their iPods and texting and such. After much searching, I've narrowed it down to two promising youngsters.

I'll introduce the first today. This is Pupward J. Puppington, known to his close associates (such as myself) as Pups. He is a yellow Labrador Retriever from just south of Birmingham, Al. He's done some remarkable work for the Anti-Bunny Party in the South.

We met a few months ago through Sir Bassetly Stinkerton (MRCSH), whom you may recall as a leading light of the Tripartite Basset Commission. "Poochles," he said, looking over his little half-moon glasses and tamping his pipe, "Get to know Pups. He's going places. Places like you."

So I made it my business to learn as much as I could. He went through the public schools in his home town. He ran the Young Anti-Bunny Club at Princeton, where he majored in Political Science and Fetch. He graduated Magna Cum Cane and was soon elected to as a Representative from Alabama. He was later voted their junior Senator. He also has a reputation as a Lady's Retriever, but I cannot substantiate this. He says he is still looking for the Right Dog.

So there you have him, Mr "Pups" Puppington. Please, inquire if you have further questions on his CV.

Tomorrow, we will introduce Jackson Ferlin-Husky.

No comments: